Cavity Dental Staff Blog

Countdown to Easter

11th Apr 2019

I don’t know about you, but I cannot believe we are welcoming in Spring already. It seems like only yesterday I was wishing everybody a Happy New year. We’ll be saying Merry Christmas again in no time at all. And that is a scary thought!

The clocks went forward an hour on Sunday and with that the evenings will be getting longer and lighter, and hopefully the days will be getting warmer too. Please, please get warmer, I am no good with the cold weather!

Easter time at Cavity

We at Cavity are so looking forward to the new season and all the things that it brings; blue skies, flowers, Easter, bank holidays, there are just so many things to look forward to.

With the Easter break just around the corner we have been taking a particular interest in what everybody gets up to.

I personally am looking forward to eating my body weight in chocolate and getting out and doing some jobs in the garden. Which actually resembles more of a jungle right now rather than a garden.

The majority of Cavity HQ are looking forward to over eating chocolates and sweets and an equal number doing home improvements.

We launched a poll on Facebook and found that 62% of people will be doing house and garden chores and 38% are going on holiday. I have to say I am definitely jealous of those people.

We did the same on Twitter and found that only 33% will be doing house and garden jobs, whilst the other 67% of them will be eating far too much chocolate. They sound like my type of people.

We can support you during this busy period

I know Easter is a busy time of year in surgery, but do not worry. We have loads of great locum dental nurses, who are all ready and raring to go 😊

Call – 0118 966 8291

Phones are answered from 06.45am – 21.45pm.

Interested in winning a hamper?

We are giving you the opportunity to win a Cavity Hamper in our Easter Raffle! Tickets cost £1 and you can purchase as many as you wish.

All proceeds for the raffle will be going towards Parkinsons UK. A cause that is very close to Sharon's and several other Cavity staff members' hearts, and we will tell you all about that later this month and what we are getting up to. So stay tuned.

Winner of the Cavity Hamper will be revealed on Thursday 18th April.

Need some ideas of things to do over Easter?

Keep on reading:

1. Get out in nature.

There are so many National Trusts around and they have worked out 15 great family walks. Why not have a look here and start planning.

2. Lambing Tours.

March to April is the prime time for lambing and most farms will be offering lambing tours from now!

3. Easter craft workshops with Hobbycraft.

From Bonnet decorating, painting money boxes and decorating chocolate eggs, Hobbycraft are offering a wide range of activities for the kids.

4. Paultons Park, Hampshire.

There are lots of things being planned at Paultons Park this Easter. A great day out for the kids and it will be sure to tire them out!

5. KidZania, London.

This is an indoor city, run entirely by kids, and lets your little ones try the world on for size as they complete their choice of career-focused activities - with 35 exciting activities to choose from in total! There’s even a dedicated Early Years area, letting little ones join the fun.

And of course, Easter is a great time for baking sweet treats.

The BBC are offering all sorts of sweet treats and recipes here.